I have Audacity. It is a wonderful waveform editor program that I use to edit wave files. Audacity is also my preferred computer based digital recorder. I use Audacity to convert audio files from wave to MP3 formats. I find that for editing, recording or file conversions Audacity is far and away the most stable and crash resistant, easiest, fastest and accurate program for my use while performing those tasks. However, Audacity doesn't replace RealBand in my music toolbox. I haven't tried to use RealBand as a file editor, pc based recorder or file convertor tool.

I primarily use RealBand to add more audio content to Band-in-a-Box song projects. That is a task that RealBand excels in performing. I can't use Audacity because Audacity has too many limitations to complete that task. Audacity doesn't work with styles. Audacity doesn't work with MIDI. Audacity doesn't work with soft synths. Audacity can't import SGU or MGU song projects. Audacity can't guide a RealTracks instrument through the chords embedded in a chord sheet. Audacity can't create multi-riffs. Audacity can't use MIDISuperTracks. Not using RealBand means giving up the capability to easily add audio content to my Band-in-a-Box projects.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home