Interesting Pipeline. Mostly over my head :-)

I am a lot different. I spend up to 9 hours a day practicing guitar after retiring from programming and market trading which was a deviation from my prior career of guitar teaching which I did for 13 years. I only use BIAB because people change their mind last minute requiring instant adjustment to the number of repeats in the backing tracks we use (normally drums since the current restaurant room is a bit small for drums). RB can't do this instant adjustment (I tried just out of curiosity).

Peter wants RB perfect too of course and I am sure these aborts will eventually be fixed and at roughly the same time more documentation will be in place. Nodes are simply a sub-project that is not 100% complete yet (once it is complete the button for the users to clean up the nodes will be removed because it will be automated - a temp step might be documentation as to when to click that button). Like I said MultiCharts had issues in the early days and it has a lot less now. In 2005 MultiCharts was started.. But MC is a fairly expensive program (Cost me $630 in 2007 and now costs about $1,700). RB is free. It might take longer for RB to get close to perfect in that it rarely aborts. I am a bit surprised Audacity is still free. But then again I am not a recording engineer and I also have probably only used 2% of its features. Maybe it has lots of bugs in some of the other features.

Most people make investments that are correct for themselves at the moment. Peter, myself and you. When removing bugs in RB is a good investment for Peter he will make it so. When he does that I may never know and may never try RB nodes again which is why I made some of the earlier suggestions. At present to know of these improvements I would need a routine to review the RB release notes yearly with a few key word searches (reading them all is too much work). My suggestions ultimately are a type of marketing idea. Number of aborts could be considered a leading indicator to an uninstall decision and many programs these days ask why one is uninstalling. It might be better if the user knows in advance the company has a record of your aborts and will get back to you when they are fixed. Just a thought.

Last edited by bowlesj; 05/04/19 07:07 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles