I think RustySpoon and Teunis nailed it above.

I too went down the rabbit hole of trying to speed up regeneration of BIAB. I run a NMVE SSD hard drive with only programs on it, an over clocked i7 processor running at 4.6 GHz with no stepping or power savings ( I have since dropped back to stock 4.2GHZ ), all RT's and RD's on a separate internal 7200 rpm drive and all tunes on another internal 7200 drive and 32 GB of DDR4 RAM.

You would think that a system like this would burn through BIAB regenerations in a heartbeat, but that's not the case. Does Win10 startup faster...absolutely. Do programs load faster..absolutely. Regenerations might be a tad faster than my modified i5 system but certainly not enough to justify what I put into this new system.

In fact, I find that the initial startup of BIAB 2019 loads much slower than BIAB 2018 even with FAST STARTUP enabled.

So, live and learn. I guess I future proofed myself for a long time and for photo and video editing, this thing is great. But as far as faster regenerations, the program itself seems to be the bottleneck as it just didn't happen for me.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3