Things have changed since I started gigging. I remember tube PA amps, 'voice of the theater' speaker cabinets (didn't they weigh 2 tons each?), tape echo on the PA, B-3 organs (didn't they weigh 3 tons each?), and no stage monitors. Times have gotten better for musicians who have to set up their own gear.

But there were good things about those days. Every hotel from a Holiday in up, every singles club, and every medium to upscale lounge had a live band playing at least 6 nights a week. It was easy for young musicians who hadn't quite cut their musical teeth yet to get gigs. Today's musicians don't have the opportunities that we had.

I got an e-mail back from my repair-guy, who took a week off for fishing, and he confirmed that I don't need a load. He said power amps still need a load, but not preamps. Since my power amps are in my speaker cabinets, I have nothing to worry about.

You all are as good as my repair-guy, and much quicker laugh

Thanks again.

We had a gig in a realtor party in model home grand opening yesterday. The builder hosted it, and real estate salesmen and saleswomen from about 30 to 70 years old crammed the place for the free food and a chance to win a few prizes. We were stuffed in a corner of the 'great room' and heard the "You guys are awesome" dozens of times, and when it was over, the same comment from the person who hired us (through an agency).

They asked us to conserve space, so we left the guitars home, covered those parts on synthesizers and only brought one speaker. It was for only 2 hours so we could pick and choose which songs we could cover those parts with, and it paid more than our normal Saturday night rate, so we wen't home happy.

They said they will ask for us on the next party.

Still livin' the dream

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks