What you're presently using should work fine but ... you may find that cellphone headphone jacks can quickly and suddenly become troublesome.

Rather than wearing out a cellphone headphone jack I would visit flea markets, thrift shops, pawn shops, yard and garage sales and the like to pick up a battery operated media player. Like you, everyone has replaced media players with a cellphone so media players are plentiful and cheap. You may be able to use one you already have hiding in a drawer someplace.

While headphone jacks can also be problematic in media players there are numerous benefits too. Once you have one you likely can constantly leave the audio cable plugged in reducing wear. You don't run down the your cellphone battery. You can use the USB port to transfer files between your computer and the media player. A media player has dedicated transport controls. Most media players likely have enough storage memory to store a the audio files required for a complete performance as Wave files reducing the need to convert each song file from wave to MP3.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home