Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
First-this could EASILY be on the radio!

Nothing I like hearing more than THAT!

Quote:

I think it's really impressive how you are creating art in a way that would be very relatable to pretty much anyone. People fill in the blanks. THEY know what it means to THEM. You are obviously able to write with needed details...either needed details or omission. Whatever serves the song. It takes a lot of skill to recognize which is needed. smile

As a songwriter, it is nice to hear that you feel I write "relatable" songs...

Quote:

I've always been a fan of how you used rhyme. I realize I bring this up fairly often; but you effortlessly place them where needed...end, internal, you name it. You make it happen. I just think it's awesome! lol

And I appreciate your appreciation of that aspect of the craft...

Quote:

Now, for the feel and musicality of the song. Talk about a throwback, then a throwforward?! It starts very vintage sounding with the use of your keys sound. Then the drums brings you right up to today. Brilliant. There's a lot of little things going on to create interest. So cool! Placement of the strings was perfection!

This is, in fact, my favorite part of the review... I wanted this to have the feel of "Trisha Yearwood doing a Diane Warren song" (that is the "idea" anyway), but I ALSO wanted it to have the feel of a Brett Young song. So for you to pick out that might be a throwback, but then feels like "today"... is music to my ears!!

Quote:

Whoever this "Janettes" group is, is doing a great job! wink

I'm sure the janettes Thank You for that!!

Quote:

Great song, well done. I can't answer "Where Do You Start", but I didn't want it to end. wink

smile smile smile