Note: Assuming you have the latest build of the program the StylePicker is aware of all currently available PG Music styles. This means that it is normal to see N/A styles, unless you actually have the largest Band-in-a-Box package along with all the Xtra styles.

+++ THIS +++ response from Andrew with PG Music helped me to realize there are two instances where the Band-in-a-Box StylePicker may display a "N/A" response.

The first instance is when styles are missing. The second instance is when one or more RealTracks or RealDrums instruments needed in a style are missing. Luckily, in both instances, the StylePicker provides a way for the user to control the display of N/A information.

This Tip and Trick highlights the dual use of N/A and describes methods a user can use to manage the display of both types of N/A information. I am using 2019 64 bit Band-in-a-Box for Windows for my descriptions and screen shots.

Note: A user can use "Ctrl + F9", "File" > "Load Style From StylePicker", or the StylePicker button to open the StylePicker window.

You have three (3) ways to control the display not available (N/A) information in the StylePicker:

(1) "Other" button > "Show Styles that are Found/Not Found [N/A]" > "Show ONLY N/A (not found) Styles" to display only styles you do not have or the program can not find; in other words, N/A styles.

(2) "Other" button > "Show Styles that are Found/Not Found [N/A]" > "Show only Styles that are FOUND" to display both the styles you have and the program has found; in other words styles that the program can use.

(3) "Other" button > "Show Styles that are Found/Not Found [N/A]" > "Show ALL Styles including N/A (not found) Styles" to display all published styles including both the styles you have and the program has found as well as the styles that are published but you don't have or the program has not found.

You have one (1) way to find missing RealTracks or RealDrums instruments from the available styles:

(1) "Other" button > "Show Styles with RealTracks/RealDrums that are Found/Not Found [RT n/a]" > "Show ALL Styles With RealTracks/RealDrums that are NOT FOUND [RT n/a]".

You have one (1) way to view only styles not missing any RealTracks or RealDrums:

(1) "Other" button > "Show Styles with RealTracks/RealDrums that are Found/Not Found [RT n/a]" > "Show ALL Styles With RealTracks/RealDrums that are FOUND".

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard02.jpg (208 KB, 67 downloads)
Open StylePicker then "Other" button then "Show Styles that are Found/Not Found [N/A]"
Clipboard01.jpg (173.3 KB, 67 downloads)
Select "Other" button, "Show Styles that are Found/Not Found [N/A]", "Show ONLY N/A 9not found) Styles".
Clipboard03.jpg (209.74 KB, 66 downloads)
RealTracks and RealDrums that are available or missing.
Last edited by Jim Fogle; 05/24/19 07:16 AM. Reason: Added 1st paragraph.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home