I've noticed several instances where changing the audio driver setting will cause the audio sample rate setting to change from 44.1k to 48k. This seems to occur most frequently immediately after the program has received an update to a different build.

Another common audio setting change that happens after an update is the driver selection resets to the program default of WAS instead of retaining the user selection of ASIO.

Peter Gannon suggested in a post that a user perform a return to factory settings immediately after installing a program update. I'll admit I seldom follow that advice. But, if I notice the program acting flaky in any manner after I've performed an update, it's the first step I take toward resolving the issue.

Your first thought may have been, "Oh No!" after reading the above but it's not that bad if you've prepared in advance.

After you've used Ctrl + E to open the preferences window, go through each button and set the options the way you like. Once you've finished use "Option" > "Save Preferences As ..." and name the preference file to save your preference settings. After the next update, use "Options" > "Open Preference File ..." and load your settings to make sure your settings are in place.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (95.22 KB, 57 downloads)
"Options" > "Save Preferences As ..." to save your personal program settings. "Options" > "Open Preference File" to load your personal program settings.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home