Tangmo, rayc, Bob, Floyd, Kenny, Jim, Ember, Deryk, Tunemonger, and Noel:

Thank you all for the spin, kind feedback and helpful suggestions.

rayc: Your ears are spot on as usual, and, yes, the vocal gets a bit “hot” or, as I would say, “screechy” (LOL) in spots—just the nature of my vocal at times . . . and ultimately a flaw in my technical abilities to tone that down. I really need to spend some time educating myself better on how to EQ. My current technique consists of me moving those little dots around until I think it sounds better . . . and that usually gets me into trouble. smile I kind of left things alone on this recording . . . but will revisit. Thanks, Floyd and Kenny for pointing out the same.

Floyd, Kenny and Noel: As for the lyric, I totally get the point of view on the second line of the second verse—great feedback. For me, though, I never took that line as being antithetical to the premise. I read it as saying love isn’t as easy as growing flowers . . . which is a very different thing than saying love isn’t natural. To further the point, if I were to reverse the sentiment to say love “grows” the same way like the sun and rain grow flowers . . . would that come off as a bit naive or simplistic?

But that doesn’t really matter . . . just the fact that it has created this discussion warrants tweaking it. So I’ll circle back with John and see what we come up with. It’s an easy line to change, I think.

Terrific and really helpful feedback all . . . this is the stuff that helps us all get better, so my utmost thanks to each of you.

Best regards,

Deej

P.S. Kenny: Regarding where we are from: John lives in the U.K. up in the Lakeland district, while I’m in the Northern California—a town called Mill Valley in the Bay Area.