Originally Posted By: Skyline
Well, that just gave me the shivers. A terrific song delivered with amazing passion, Floyd. Beautiful vocals both. The pro production is gentle, just right for the emotions expressed. A very enjoyable listen.

Cheers
John

John - I certainly appreciate that. "...just gave me the shivers" - couldn't ask for a better response than that!!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
The thing that really caught my attention was how the melody didn't align with the beat. So there's an interplay between where the lyric is expected to start - on the downbeat - and actual start, which is quite unpredictable.

Very cool.

I had my son listen to it, and his comment was that he thought it had some odd rhyme scheme that he couldn't work out, which was also my impression. But that's not the case at all. A sort of "aural" illusion.

And if I were Noel, I could mention how this is reflective of the singer's emotional turmoil and confusion, and how this prosody aligns with the teaching of Pat Pattison. wink

Everything else has pretty much been said. Excellent work, as usual. Fun (and educational) listen.

David - I always enjoy reading your comments on a song - always thoughtful... the overall feel of this developed as I worked on the production - adding, subtracting until it settled into that rhythm. I'm not clever enough to predict it beforehand... smile

Originally Posted By: olemon
One good song after another. Pretty amazing, FJ.

And as always, the production and the Jannettes are winning combinations.

Take care.

Scoot - I appreciate you stoppingin for a listen and a comment.... Thanks!!

JANICE - as always....... wink