I enjoy coming up with new chord sequences. I use my guitar and go from scratch or I begin with an existing song and change things around .. or I use the BIAB Melodist Generate Chords function; my favorite and most useful preset is 58 Rock Fast, under Rock 8ths (Pop). Most of the other presets don't give me what I need. I will run 58 Rock Fast for the whole song and then regenerate bars in sets of two or more where I don't like the results.

The problem is this: I have no idea how to most effectively use all the options under the Melodist Maker Edit button. I sometimes get great final results but I have no idea why. Hit or miss can get annoying, especially when there are mostly misses.

I'd like a video explaining how to pick numbers to be inserted into the boxes for "Number of variations to choose from", Mix minor and major progressions", "Choose unusual chord progressions", and any other boxes that affect which chords get generated and how they are placed on the chord sheet. If possible, I'd like to learn how to exclude certain chord types from the generated chord sequence. Any instruction on how to get better and more consistent usable results would be appreciated.

Don L. Turner

BIAB Audiophile 2021
Studio One 4