This is what I get from posting from a friends house and not when I'm home on my system to test what I just wrote, haha.

Guess what, I just found a new feature. Apparently there is a midi drum part associated with "most" Real Styles. Here's what I just did. I selected 4 styles, two funky, one country and one rock. After selecting the style I first played it to make sure the Real Drums are playing as they should. Then I right clicked on the "Drums" instrument header at the top and down the list is "force Drums track to MIDI drums". Hit play and there is a midi drum pattern that is in the style of the RT style. Funk is funk, rock is rock but no midi drums for the country style. Until I try maybe a hundred styles, this appears to be a style by style thing. Some have this but others don't. This means what I wrote above is partially correct.

DC Ron, here's what you originally wrote:

Quote:
I'd like to substitute MIDI drums for RealDrums on RealTrack styles but can't figure out how. Started with Force Drum Track to MIDI drums but can't load a MIDI drum preset after that.

IF you've selected an RT style with an optional (by forcing MIDI drums) associated midi drum pattern then you don't have to do anything, the pattern should play. If you want to change the drum pattern but keep the rest of the real tracks then you have to either select another RT style and see if there's a better midi pattern linked up to it or do what I wrote earlier and reverse this process. You start with all midi styles until you find the drums you like THEN you can replace all the midi instrument tracks with original RT style tracks.

Now, slightly off topic, this kind of experimentation is WAY easier in Real Band. Check it out.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.