Originally Posted By: Al-David
Noel ...

Stunningly beautiful!

You've never sounded better. Everything concerning this is just so well done. This song is universal, timeless and gorgeous. Thank you for that emotional listen. Wishing you and yours the very best ...

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thank you for taking the time smile I know that you are a busy man and I am very grateful that you managed to have a listen.

Best regards to you and Di,
Noel

Originally Posted By: dcuny
As others have said, you've done a truly excellent job here.

I especially liked how you added variety to the melody, adding syncopation in some spots, and speeding it up in others.

I can't help but mention this lyric:

You carried me inside you and you never once complained

How does the singer know the bit of information? After all, they're not likely to have complete recollection of the experience. wink

But seriously, well done. This sort of write isn't easy, and you've done a fantastic job of it.

Hi David,

Thanks for visiting the thread. Appreciate it.

Thanks for isolating that line, too. It caused me all sorts of grief! As you mention, it was exactly for the reason you described that I pondered that line many, many times. I couldn't come up with anything better however much I thought about it, though. As you say, for a foetus to know this information first-hand is impossible. I was having lunch at work one day when I heard a colleague talking about her daughter who'd just had a baby and she said something like, "It wasn't an easy pregnancy. She never complained though and just took each day as it came."

That was the "ah-ha!" moment that I needed. It occurred to me then that reported conversation is very common where pregnancy is concerned. As a result, the more I thought about it, and even related it to my own experience, the more I realised that it's a phrase that a father or grandmother would say at some point to a child or granchild if it was something out of the ordinary (and to be proud of) given the circumstances surrounding a pregnancy.

... so I kept the line.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024