Originally Posted By: berntd
Ok, I now had a few glasses of wine to drown my frustration...

I have watched the videos but I am none the wiser except that it is even more involved than I first thought.

@DeaconBlues, you show and mention so many tech terms, acronyms and show folders and screens in those videos that I simply do not have.
The installation of the Kontakt-Player did not produce these either. Or did it somewhere? And you also mentioned that it needs an ensemble first. Say what?

It appears that Without a (really) basic step by step guide on what to do (Pgmusic where can I find that??), I do not think that I will be able to get a better sound out of Band in a Box MIDI styles. :-(

Unfortunately the few styles I mostly want for traditional jazz and dixieland etc. are all MIDI only. It was not really clear that it would take a huge technical know-how beyond actual music making (or a huge additional expense for synth. equipment) to try and get it to sound half way decent when I purchased the BIB.
Unless I am just missing something?

So I know this may seem like a somewhat unusual offer, but if you would feel comfortable enough for me to so, I would be glad to log into your computer via Teamveiwer at a time of mutual convenience and set everything up for you (I'm pretty sure that Sydney and Eilat Israel are in similar timezones, and I do a lot of troubleshooting for a work colleague via Teamviewer as we both work remotely...)

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB