Bob,

I'm not sure where the name, "HI-Q", came from but I believe it is a title PG Music invented to identify PG Music midi sound patches. The title is given to midi patches that PG Music has developed in house.

Over time, PG Music has included several free to own midi sound modules to playback HI-Q midi patches including 1K MultiMedia's SampleTank Free, 1K Multimedia's SampleTank 2.5, Plogue's Sforzando and SynthFont64. The 1K Multimedia midi sound modules use tgs files to define a midi patch. Both Sforzando and Synthfont can playback multiple definition files, however, Sforzando natively uses sfz 2.0 definition files while Synthfont natively uses sf2.

So there are two answers to your question of where can you obtain additional HI-Q midi patches:

1) Request PG Music create additional HI-Q midi patches in the +++ Styles and RealTracks Wishlist +++ forum section.

2) Create your own. Both Sforzando and Synthfont give a user the ability to create midi patches from audio files. The patches can be as simple or complex as you desire. More information is available at +++ Sforzando +++ and +++ Synthfont.com +++

Last, both the Sforzando and Synthfont websites have links to free midi patches created by users or third parties. You can also search the internet for SFZ or SF2 files but use a virus scan and be cautious of any files you download.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home