https://soundcloud.com/user-47797156/the-miner-zu-zu-zarolen

After some difficulty streaming other's songs, I've uploaded an Mp3 version "private". It's also a slightly modified mix, but take your pick.

https://soundcloud.com/user-47797156/the-miner-zu-zu-zarolen-1/s-pcjlD

****** Song Summary *************
Key=Cm , Tempo 90, Length (m:s)=3:30
Style is _NRTROCK.STY (Northern Rock Swing 16ths)

RealTracks in style: 1191:Bass, Electric, NorthernRock Sw16 075
RealTracks in style: 625:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Rascal Sw 075
RealTracks in style: 875:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NorthernRockFuzzyA-B Sw16 075
RealTracks in style: 878:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NorthernRockGrittyA-B Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: ~689:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 085
RealDrums [in style:RockNorthern^4-a:Snare, Loose HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Various Super-Midi tracks re-patched to Soft-Synths for choirs, bells, percussion and sitar.

Recorded and "cleaned" in Acid Pro. Primary mix in Reaper. No track escaped FX. On the vocals I used ReaTune (it didn't do much), used bits of multiple takes as doublers, and did every trick I could think of to make them "interesting" while still making them understandable. My mom once told me that if I couldn't make it beautiful, then accentuate the ugly and call it art.

The song (and thus the title) were simply inspired by the initial attempt to write a song in support of a Harmonic Minor scale. Minor >>> Miner. It's a song about my life at present, in an overblown and over-produced rock setting. It's also a small monument to a moment of necessary temporary insanity.

Blue Attitude Dave plays the lead guitar. He told me what he charged per lick, I gave him my budget, and he did the rest. It "made" the song for me and I can no longer imagine it without his play. He went kinda sitarish, to my ears. I love the man.

Vocals and harmonies by me. The Jane-ettes were not out of my price range, but are out of my league...so we all have to live with it.

A guy on Fiverr provided the libraries for the midi tracks.

I got into it quickly due to a comment by Deryk on the "instrumental" version, leaving off a full-fledged intro.

I won't be explaining the chorus (and subtitle). To do so thoroughly is more than I want to divulge. To do so simply would just ruin the Rock Pomposity. "To me, the words are nice the way they sound."--James Taylor

Enjoy, if possible.

The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)

I mined your mind
Diggin' all I find
Your mine ain't dark
Always that spark
Our thoughts aligned

Zu Zu zarolen feh
Chi Chi zarolen feh
Zu Zu zarolen feh
Chi Chi zarolen

Diggin' deep
Riches reap
I'm working hard when I'm awake
And make it harder when you sleep
Shovel and pick
Don't miss a lick
Oh, the hours a miner must keep.

In danger of pain
Pushing that train.
Better get bold
Better than gold
Followin' that vein.

Zu Zu zarolen feh
Chi Chi zarolen feh
Zu Zu zarolen feh
Chi Chi zarolen

Diggin' deep
Riches reap
I'm working hard when we're awake
And take it harder when we sleep
Shovel and pick
Won't miss a lick
Oh, the hours a miner must keep.

Last edited by Tangmo; 07/11/19 09:34 PM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground