Yesterday I used Melodist preset 58 Rock Fast once again, with the three important numbers fairly low. After some regenerating of chords I did not like, and after a little manual editing ... I once again came up with a chord sequence I would have never thought of on my own. It was an AABA song structure with B being a bridge section and A being verses, one of my favorite song structures. Somehow, the B section was in a different key but transitioned back into the song key at the bridge's end. That kind of stuff is over my head, but with BIAB's Melodist preset 58 Rock Fast I managed to make it happen.

It's a shame that I'll try a dozen more times and give up in frustration from the poor results.

It's numbers ... and how they affect a chord sequence and space between chord changes. Lower numbers do make for simpler chords but there must be a known effect (perhaps by the original programmer) of what number (or range of numbers) does what and how different numbers in different dialog boxes might affect each other in the final result.

Perhaps results are more or less random and no further explanation is possible. If that is true, then so be it. But if there can be an effective, explainable method for generating better chord sequences, it would be great to let those of us who use this function have a better, more specific understanding of how to make use of it.

Don L. Turner

BIAB Audiophile 2021
Studio One 4