Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I'm glad you got the PAT or INI file straightened out. Are you going to share a copy of the corrected file with PG Music so they can add it to their patch map depository?

That is a glamorous instrument photograph! I'm sure it sounds just as good as it looks. Both your Casio and Korg are outstanding instruments. Between the two I'd say you have external midi sound modules covered.

Curious side question if I may. Of the two workstations, which keyboard bed do you prefer to play and why. I'm not a keyboard player but I've read many times that each keyboard bed has it's own feel and every manufacturer has their own interpretation of "natural feel".

The correction involved changing this ...

0.0.120=STANDARD SET 1
1.0.120=STANDARD SET 2
2.0.120=STANDARD SET 3
3.0.120=STANDARD SET 4
4.0.120=STANDARD SET 5

to this ...

0.120.0=STANDARD SET 1
1.120.0=STANDARD SET 2
2.120.0=STANDARD SET 3
3.120.0=STANDARD SET 4
4.120.0=STANDARD SET 5

I made the change by editing the PAT file in Notepad. The Drums INS file I created back in 2016 is correct and works properly with my DAWs. The instrument INS file I also created in 2016 works fine as is. I'll send the PAT files to support.

Re: Keyboard beds there is no contest, my 61 key Kronos wins hands down. It's a "Natural Touch Semi Weighted" keybed where the Casio is a pretty cheap 'organ' type keybed. I use the Kronos to control the Casio. A fair number of folks have complained about the Casio keyboard getting noisy with age. Silicone grease seems to work well to fix the issue.

The Kronos 2 (identified by the solid wood end caps) has 'Hammond' type keys. The Kronos 2 survives aggressive palm glissandos easily.