Matt Finley and VideoTrack, I read your replies. So, first, I'll respond to the only on-point question in the sum of your replies, with a similarly concise, on-point update:

MF: "What happens when you switch to the older GUI by Ctrl+T ?"
GR: The blank gray rectangle where the tool ribbon should be becomes twice as tall.

Regarding the rest of what you two wrote, I'd add (for the benefit of all users)
* Constructive criticism is good and necessary in order to have effective forum threads that quickly solve problems and leave lean, focused results that people can use. Note that you both criticize what I wrote, which is ok, but it shows that you also think criticism of forum input is good/necessary.

* If someone is asking a specific, clearly articulated question and you feel compelled to reply, at least re-read your draft reply first, asking yourself "does my reply directly address the question?" If the answer is "no", or even "maybe", don't post it. Verbiage that's superfluous or recites the obvious, like 'this is a user forum... people are going to say [whatever]... I'm another person who needs to welcome you to the forum... I agree with the opinion of the guy who just replied' or similar wastes your time, other users time, and more importantly it de-values the whole forum by encouraging a habit of clogging up the threads with low value-add content.

* It's fine to also have open-ended forum threads, but this one is about a very specific problem - a critical bug (something that makes the software severely unusable.) If you want to pursue open ended green lighting about the toolbar UI, start a separate thread on how BIAB toolbars should be designed and what acceptance criteria must be met before new/fixed UI is released. By simply not posting off-topic verbiage, you are helping the forum thread resolve the problem or helping to keep it clear that the user forum is unable to solve it.