Hi everybody,

no doubt about it: The protagonist of this song resp. video didn’t use to be exactly the type of guy any of us would want to be friends with. Or worse still: meet in the dark. But since he is claiming to have changed for the bettter: Doesn’t everybody deserve a second chance? Well, let’s see...

And what have Eddy, Freddy and Teddy got to do with it? And will they show us their soft sides like they always do when they hear a pedal steel guitar solo? Just hang on...

Those of you who have heard and seen some of my songs and videos know: They’re either (meant to be) funny or love songs dedicated to the ‘gal’ I can’t do without for longer than one hour. And, yes, this one is not really a love song.

VIDEO (+ lyrics)

AUDIO (+ lyrics)

AUDIO (on SoundCloud)

I am so happy that Maha, who has been severely ill for more than half a year by now (and is still far from being really healthy), could get back to the PC and do her mixing and sound-editing job again. And I think she really did very well.

Here’s the tech stuff:

Style is _TRAINBT.STY (Basic Workin' Man)

RealTracks in style: 379:Bass, Electric, Country DoubleTime Ev 088
RealTracks in style: 1727:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TrainBeatJohn Ev 130
RealTracks in style: 411:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Train Pickin' Ev 130
RealTracks in song: ~621:Pedal Steel, Background Easy Ev 136
RealDrums in style: NashTrainEv16^2-a:Blastix , b:Blasttix 16th

I think this is the first time I used a RealStyle ‘as is’, because it’s just perfect.

Added a pedal steel soloist RealTrack:
RT1670:Pedal Steel, Soloist CountryPaul Ev 120 (Bluesy).

And man, you ain’t seen nothing yet unless you’ve tried to edit a PSG soloist track with all its glissandi .

With such a great backing style there wasn’t much left to do for me but just do the singing.

Like always Maha used RealBand as her DAW (won’t be able to change this, because ‘BJN & FakeThat! - The RealBand Band’ has become something like our trademark) plus a couple of 3rd-party plug-ins and for the first time ever used our new Ozone 8 Standard Mastering Tool and I really think it paid off - in fact, none of our songs had ever been mastered before, shame on us.

Hope you will have a little weekend fun watching or just listening to I’VE CHANGED FOR THE BETTER.

Take care,

Stefan