@ Jazzmammal,
I specifically clarified that biab knows 7 7th chords and wrote down which ones.
If you want to criticize, please, do me and yourself the courtesy of checking.

I never said Biab only knew triads,
I specified which 7thchords it knows (apart from triads, which I am not going to discuss)
I clearly stated I was talking about midi styles. Rt is off topic.
You proved my point that Biab doesn’t play the written chord. If it says b9, a player would occasionally play #9, it fits. But I do not have to show how every walking bass style ignores b9 and plays natural 9 instead, which is not juggling the changes, it’s just plain wrong. Please, go listen to the aebersolds. If it says b9 bass and piano play an altered 9, never, ever a natural 9,
Same goes with mMaj7. Players play major 7th, not the flatted 7. It makes you sound more modern (well. More fifties than thirties)
In your second example you can clearly see the natural 9 in the second and third bar. There is NO natural 9 in a #9 chord.

You have every right to defend the product you love, but, I’d love it if you stayed on topic. This way the debate is getting all toxic and personal. Your discouragement about the diminishing succes of the jazz world doesn’t mean biab shouldn’t be able to play chords Roland, Yamaha and Wersi all know.

Thx,

Jan

Last edited by Dzjang; 07/26/19 10:33 AM.

Biab, Kontakt, Sampletank and lots of nice libraries, from Fluffy audio to Abbey Road drums.
Check out these great contemporary Jazz Styles: www.jazzstylezz.com