Originally Posted By: silvertones
Midi came out in 1983.A whole lot of water under the bridge. A lot to learn before purchasing a program like BIAB.If I were you I'd set BIAB aside and do all the learning about midi you can get your hands on. Even some experienced people are using VST and VSTi, and DX and DXi interchangeably. Even PG calls their plugin a VST. Which is wrong sort of.

I agree with John and I will add a couple more things. Learn MIDI using one program first before moving to other programs. If you are using a DAW learn MIDI in that DAW. If you are using BiaB then only use MIDI in BiaB. Moving around from one program to another can be very confusing to a person just starting out using MIDI.

I would start by using the Kontakt library. Improving those sounds are very easy. Look for some free effects, check out hitsquad: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/

Look for things like choruses, flangers, reverbs, EQs, compressors, etc. Note, after downloading any freeware be sure to scan both those files and then your computer with your antivirus and anti-malware programs before installing them. Most from hitsquad are bug free but sometimes one will slip through. Effects can make those Kontakt samples shine.

Good luck

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware