<< My request still stands >>

Plus 1 from me too. It's a request that's been around a long time and asked by many.

However, "Not trying to sound negative here, but trying to look at it realistically," the reality is what you want to do is easy to do in BIAB as the program is now, the methods are not workarounds but how the program was structured many years ago prior to the the existence of huge amount of 'free tracks' and DAW editing power that's common today. It's how song construction is done in BIAB and based loosely on studio multi track practices of that time period.

Many, if not most, long time, seasoned users of BIAB have posted and still post today that BIAB is limited to 7 channels and a single audio track. The truth is one can construct and render a song totally within BIAB of 70 instruments and 20 tracks in less than 10 minutes including multiple audio tracks. Those are true but not firm numbers. You could double that count or half it in a few more minutes. I estimate 97% of RealStyles follow that same 7/1 structure with only a few having the medley instruments feature included in the Style or contain Artist performance tracks.

In the 2019 version, PGMusic programmers added some additional Styles and re-introduced some features and added a few features to introduce and re-introduce the concept to all BIAB users. I don't think anyone has posted a song using the method in the User's Showcase. I've been doing the songs I've posted for the last few years utilizing these features and completing my songs solely within a single BIAB project.

The issue for you and most others is the 'wish' itself not the capability of BIAB. Your statement;"I am requesting the one that will work for me, and that I believe should be available in the BIAB workflow." is simply requesting BIAB adapt to your personal workflow rather than you adapt your workflow to BIAB's existing capabilities.

To date, your wish is the prevailing mindset of BIAB users, new and old alike. The existing way, (strongly established and far superior to what you and others are 'wishing' for) hasn't gained any traction at all, not being widely known or accepted.

I'd like to see some at least try to use BIAB as designed, but the motivation isn't there so I'll go with the majority and support your request.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.