Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Unions negotiate with management, who's management?

Bob

Apple Music, Google Play, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer, etc., all have management structures...unless they are AI smile

Well, I see this as the same issue as buying decent quality but cheap goods from China. Anybody here seriously giving that up to save local jobs?

I'm going to make a blanket statement here. Everybody reading this shops the crap out of every single thing we want to buy online for the best price before purchasing it. True or false?

Another statement. Despite paying lip service to the concept of saving local jobs nobody reading this really cares about that either. True or false?

It's all about the best price, end of story.

I don't know how it works, no idea whats the definition of an "album sale" when everything is streamed but the big names are somehow getting paid millions for album sales whatever that means. Plenty of money is there for household name superstars, everybody else fights for scraps. That sounds to me like it's the same as its always been since recordings were invented. The mechanism has changed but the bottom line has not changed at all.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.