Originally Posted By: jannesan
Beautiful folky melody with right amount of melancholy. That acoustic guitar is a great selection, works well with your voice. Nice harmonies.

As always, your words are full of touching real life images, and I like how you describe the writing process. Although the words are so vivid that they don't need a picture, this song would be a good material to be played in an indie movie.

Janne

I really appreciate that, Janne.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"torn up ticket for someplace new
eyes of grey face eyes of blue
patch the pieces into a song"

Wow!

Your vocals seem to be more and more nuanced. Really nice.

Outstanding band and mix. We very much liked the congas and the held bass.

Engaging and memorable. Very cinematic in feel...can almost see film credits rolling by.

Excellent!

J&B

J&B,
Hard to fit the strife and peacemaking into one verse -I`m glad you liked that.Thank you for the very positive review.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Robert,

This is wonderful! I like everything about it.

A beautiful song.

Your vocal is, perhaps, your all time best. Well recorded, very "musical", and well mixed.

The BAND choice is perfect. I'm a big fan of that acoustic guitar RT. The e. piano adds a delicious flavor. The congas - perfect. And the steel puts it over the top. This band should "get the call" often - an albums worth.

Super mix.

Outstanding in all regards.

fj

Floyd,
I`ve used a similar "band" a few times now... long way from getting into a niche with it though!
Those are very kind comments- thank you.

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
One of your best, I think (though I've not heard all), congas really drive it and pedal steel somehow works, too. Great job!!

I`m glad you liked this- thanks for commenting.

Robert