Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
<...snip...> That's why nearly 100% of the artists with any analog recording experience would immediately see an improvement in their recordings if they inserted a physical mixer/console into their recording chain. <...>

I run MIDI out of one older computer into a half dozen or more hardware synth modules. Since they all have essentially the same latency (+-5 or 6ms) mixing different synths to get the best sound for each part is no problem.

I use a MIDI patch bay to route to the hardware synths and run the outputs to separate channels of an analog mixer. I like the analog because twiddling dials to balance is much quicker and easier than mousing. Plus I can do two at once.

Then I take the output of the mixer, along with any analog I want to add (sax, flute, vocals) into the DAW on a newer computer.

Some things work for me better using old analog tools, and others using new digital tools. It's best for me to have both.

Note: I don't do recordings that I want to release to the world as my new single or album, mostly backing tracks for my duo or demo files for my BiaB styles. If I wanted to do that, I'd go to a pro studio with good acoustics and pro to take care of the recordings.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks