Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I won't get into the specifics of the lyrics but there are some killer rhymes and rhyme structures going on in this song.

I really wanted to hit into your pacing/cadence. You may have had this "feel" before; but I don't remember it exactly like this. There is a very modern flow to it. Specifically the verses. I like it a lot! It all comes down to the styles you picked, your choice of rhyme placement, how many syllables you are choosing to use, and even the range of notes you are using.

THEN you it us with a VERY contrasted chorus! Brilliant! Yes, I know people talk about raising the note range to give it a lift, and use a different rhythm than you used in the verse...but you did it a very modern way, yet traditional way. It spans and ties in the old great writing and yet has that current edge to it. The jump and rhythms in the chorus again where great, and bold choices. That's writing with confidence and knowledge! Ya just can't beat that!

All coming in at 3:25 indicating your tempos and song structure are right on as well.

IF I'm nit-picking I didn't care for the end. Meaning, I did not like that it did that. Ended. That was a wrong choice in my book. wink

What a nice review! I always love it when someone "gets me" smile smile smile ....