I’ve tried a number of amp sims and these days mainly use TH3 which I found more to my liking. I added some Celestial impulse responses to actually have it sounding fairly real (so to speak). A few months back I added a Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller which I have set up to a number of pedals and stomp boxes giving me even more control particularly when playing live.

On the FCB I set up a couple of banks one for TH3 and another for Guitar Rig 5 as they are functionally a little different if for some reason I want to use GR5 I simply hit the up switch on the bank selector a few times and away I go.

All very simple. I have my backing tracks on the laptop with the amp sims. The tracks and the amp sims are set level wise. I simply plug into the USB sound card which goes into the pc with output to the pa and away I go.

No issues (I hope but been fine for the past 6 months). My Tele however is probably older than a number of people on these forums (I bought it new almost 50 years ago).

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1