Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Andy...

Nice!

A terrific listen. Y'all both did an excellent job on your respective parts.

Well played, good balance of back-and-forth. A good mix. The sax has a great sound. So does the guitar (I think!). During the sax solo from 1:23- 1:50(ish) doubling those gentle hits with another on the right side would be nice for some "balance" there... Ah, Andy's "vocals" are cool, too..

Super instrumental.

fj

Hi floyd,

Re: the guitar; I downloaded the demo of this new plugin from Blue Cat that is supposed to model one type of guitar to make it sound like another, tele to gibson, gibson to acoustic, etc.
Mostly I think it is doing some complicated EQ changes and adding some harmonics. It is designed to be used on a guitar signal that has been recorded direct but I thought I would try it on the guitar part for this song, which was a strat recorded through a Line6 PODxt. It never sounded "right" for the song, too bright and harsh. But the blue cat plugin really smoothed things out and made it sound more jazz guitar like IMHO.

Thanks for the suggestion about adding the other rhythm guitar panned right during the sax solo, worked a treat smile