'Ezekiel's Storm'...

I play very, very close attention to so-called 'love' songs because, since the word has so few rhymes (above, dove, glove, shove -- that's about it, isn't it ???), it forces a songwriter to be very creative, very imaginative in finding other words that could describe what 'love' means to him/her.

With that in mind, I believe you met that challenge very sensitively, and powerfully, in the lyrics you wrote for your song, 'Parts and Places', a title which in and of itself suggests a strong sense of dislocation, of being scattered, not whole anymore. I think you painted a stingingly vivid word picture of a man whose heart is sinking so deeply into a world of regret that he is on the verge of being literally incapacitated by it:

"...Sleeping without dreams..." (a chilling image)
"...Pavement pounding feet, nothing left to eat, singing in the street..."

He is utterly, irreversibly lost without 'her', and what's worse, even, is that he did it to himself. It's as though as a result of his actions, his soul has become homeless.

The plaintive quality of your fine singing voice accompanied by the yearning quality of the music heightens the sense of stunned sorrow in the lyrics. The emotion comes through, direct and inescapable.

- bluage -

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".