Hi, Ian (Sixchannel) is on the money here. Generally, nearly all styles have replaced MIDI drums with RealDrums as the new default.

Look at the mixer, and if the instruments appear in yellow, they are MIDI and if they appear in green, they are Real Tracks (or Real Drums)

I suspect most of the instruments (except for Drums) are in yellow for the problem songs you have encountered, which suggests that there is a problem with your MIDI output device. I don't use Mac so this may be slightly different on your system, but check two things:

1: Change a style to one that is all RealTracks (green) - do all the instruments play correctly?

2: Check under Menu Options > MIDI/Audio driver setup. What is the MIDI Output driver you are using, and if you check "Use VSTi/DXi Synth" and "Route MIDI Thru to MIDI driver" and select a DXi synth, do you now get MIDI sounds?

Please let us know the outcome.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones