Dear Ms. Cooper...

I find Mr. McGlinchy's lyrics to be blindingly, unavoidably, inarguably truthful, while being at the same time depressing because those truths seem to have not been universally recognized, appreciated, or reciprocated.

Based on my memories of my mother, my on-going relationships with my sisters, the women I interact with at my job, and the fleeting, yet unfailingly meaningful encounters I have with the women behind the cash registers, who answer the phones, who 'wait' on me in restaurants, who attend to me while I'm waiting on the doctor to arrive, and more, I have come to believe, to know, as surely as I know I am typing this, that women exist in a waking, active state-of-mind of loving kindness -- meaning that they seem always to respond to the needs of others before attending to their own -- every, single, second of every single day of their lives here on this planet Earth. The only exception to this, as far as I'm concerned, would be women whose hearts (and bodies) have been so abused, that their capacity to give and receive love has been effectively stamped-out, shut down, or locked away and the key hidden out of fear. These are the women who end up being called 'crazy b*****s', of course.

If that sounds patronizing, well, then, so be it. I know what I'm talking about.

You emote those lyrics with a clarity of voice that keeps its composure in spite of the sorrow, or anger, they could provoke. Is that the sound of hope, or of weary resignation to 'the way things are'?

- bluage -

Last edited by bluage; 09/12/19 09:54 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".