Originally Posted By: jford
Mario - good news for your wife.

I've actually had no issues with Acronis 2018 (and have been using Acronis in various versions for the past 15 years or so), but it could be machine dependent (I use it successfully to image 3 of my computers, but I don't use it for regular backups, just full disk imaging - and even then, I use the Linux boot disk to do the image backup). I have also tested it enough to feel confident that I can restore from the image backup, although I have occasionally had to "fix" the boot sector after a restore (which is no big deal).

I have had good luck with Acronis until the 2019 version. I always verify a full disk image and in both cases it was verified. But when I tried to use it it would not reimage the HD. Note I always used the Linux boot disk and the last backup I made was onto a new HD. I checked the HD after the reimage failure and there were no bad sectors.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware