Hi floyd,

This is a wonderful write and listening to you and Janice singing it gave me goosebumps and a tonne of images of my own children when they were young flooded through my mind.

I really liked the song format that you used... verse, chorus, bridge, chorus. It's not usual but it can be very effective as you've shown us all in this creation.

Some of the words and phrases that came to mind as I listened were: poignant, bittersweet, so glad you came along, I'm proud of you, life is worth the journey, heartfelt, touching. I really like where your singing and your songwriting took me smile

Now I'm off to listen to the demo.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. OK... now I've listened to the Nashville demo. I much prefer your version and listening to you and Janice. There is a noticeable amount of 'brilliance' created by high frequencies in the Nashville version that wasn't friendly to my ears because it's not what I'm used to hearing. Your version had a richness and warmth to the overall tone that the Nashville version did not. I suspect that if Nashville re-did this demo today, it would sound more aligned to your presentation.

Last edited by Noel96; 09/14/19 03:11 PM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024