Originally Posted By: rallypally

A program like BIAB is so complex, but yet we get individuals who think it's as easy as switching a light switch on and off.

Ironically, I suppose, it was exactly this feature that initially attracted me to BiaB. For the longest time, I used BiaB as a backing tracks player and little else. And it was because of the ease with which I was able to use it as such that led me to continue to use it. And I've been in the upgrade path, off and on, since about 1998.

I didn't find the earlier versions of BiaB I had to be buggy, really. There were aspects of the program that I thought were clumsy, however, which BiaB slowly solved. But sadly I've found the more recent versions to be buggier than early ones. I used 2017 heavily until I upgraded to 2019. I was very productive with 2017 and fortunately the bugs I encountered were few. But 2019 has given me fits ever since I installed it. My productivity has been close to zero with BiaB ever since. I finally got so tired of dealing with the problems I've been having with 2019 that I re-installed 2017, and I'm back to being a happy, productive composer once again. And let me just say this -- if 2020 is as bad as 2019 is, I won't be upgrading. Unfortunately I guess the only way I'll find out is if I buy a copy, at which point I'll just keep my fingers crossed. But it won't surprise me if I have to take advantage of their money-back guarantee. And believe me, I won't be happy if I have to give up on 2020, but if it demonstrates the same problems I had with 2019, then I will have no use for it.