Ok... probably will get slammed down to the floor, but this is just an opinion (not a forced one smile )

I experimented with a couple of vocal treatment scenarios including a microphone shield, a few pop filters (nylon, metal mesh) blanket, etc.
When there is too much stuff on the mic stand, I just feel a little claustrophobic smile I do not have space or will to build a booth, so went on a quest to find a different approach to sound. And found this magical thing: Alctron PF8!
It is a $24 (ebay) large piece of foam that fits wide variety of mics and comes with removable pop filter. Some call it "portable vocal booth", some call it junk that doesn't work, some bragging that it adds too much color,
some swear that quality is identical to a $200 overpriced (for no good reason) kaotica eyeball.

I love my $24 Alctron!
1) It makes mic setup much more compact.
2) Surprisingly it actually helps a lot to isolate unwanted noise.
3)If I am singing from sheet, I have a lot of space, unlike when using large shield.
4) price point. It ranges from $23-$28 including shipping. US stock.

I don't want to post links as it will seem like an advertisement. You can find one easily. Just want to share my experience.