Dear Floyd,

you've heard a number of my songs over the past months, and having heard them I'm sure you would not claim that sentimentality must be one of my main character traits. And it's true: emotions - yes, a lot. But sentimentality - well, so so... And being like that there is a thin line between what I (I!!!) consider schmalzy (the dictionary explains this as "dishonestly emotional) and honestly emotional songs.

The topic you chose with this song could be easily have slipped over that line, but this really never happens to you: Whatever emotional subject you write about. it's always touching in the purest sense - be it autobiographical or not: It makes me feel that it is.

Another great FJ song, as to lyrics and composition - no doubt about that.

And if a live and a BIAB version of the same song must get compared, it depends which one will be the better one: My songs will sound much better being 'built' in BIAB, others (like this one) may have been recorded by such excellent musicians that BIAB will always be second.

But even then: I listened to your BIAB version first and thought it was great in all aspects. Then I listemed to the 'real' one and, yes, one can feel that there are real people singing and playing their hearts out and that surely makes a difference..

I only can say that I liked both versions a lot.

Take care,

Stefan