Originally Posted By: Marty Ricciotti
Amazing story Floyd. I've been enjoying your work for a while now. Loved the "little bit of me" video showing the whole process of how it gets done.
Thanks for all the info about how the demo process works. Really makes you appreciate what BIAB can do.

I listened to both songs and frankly did not really like the Nashville version. The drums have too much reverb or stadium sound.

Really liked your vocal a lot better.
From the video I notice that you turn your head to the side of the mic. Does that help you get your mellow tones?
Really enjoy your music.

Marty - thanks for taking the time to listen to both versions. It is nice to have you prefer my vocal...

Glad you enjoyed the video, too... Regarding the mic: Turning at an angle to the mic helps to keep from having "plosives" as I sing (not using a pop screen) and also keeps from getting the vocal too hot when I sing high (and loud) - I will turn away a bit more.... So it is for "control", not "tone". The mic I use - an AT4033a - has a deep warm tone - it's quite a "mellow" mic... Had it for about 25 years now...