A general post with no-one particular in mind

This string has gone a long way and vented many frustrations some of which I have encountered but many I have not

Since the 1990's and the handful of floppy disc's until today I have had nothing but sheer enjoyment with BIAB and all of the bugs I have raised have been removed after making the details known to technical department

We all use BIAB in different ways and for me BIAB has too many unnecessary parts to it but others find it is the parts that they use

When I come across a software "incident" I check to see if anyone has posted the same problem before I call it a program bug. The first time I upgraded to BIAB 2019 I had loads of problems. I uninstalled the program - down loaded it again and it worked fine. Incomplete/faulty downloads and installations more common than users realize

Before retiring recently I ran a computer repair outfit which yielded much light on the problems people have by not bothering to do proper and regular computer maintenance

We found some clients never close their computer down but keep it on sleep or hibernate mode and when they brought the computer in for inspection the mere action of shutting down meant that on reboot everything worked as it should. A high number of faults can be corrected by a simple restart and is my first point of action

Some computers were so clogged up with junk malware and with hundreds of registry faults that rendered some programs virtually unusable. One program we found to be highly efficient was - Outbyte PC Repair. We always also wiped the free disc space as well

I know this is basic and simplistic but I take time every week to maintain my computers properly

I prefer to enjoy the vast majority of features that work fine with BIAB and those that don't I use work arounds until they cam be corrected which they eventually are. However there are some problems that have been with us for far too long and the only answer I can come up with is that they are for whatever reason difficult or impossible to solve in the current framework

BIAB has improved my musical ability more than any other program and gives me ongoing pleasure

And not forgetting Cerio for his tremendous contributions over many years

jazzman

Last edited by Jazzman; 09/18/19 01:06 AM.

BIAB - RealBand - 2022
Windows 10 64
Zoo computer with 7i processor- SSD 1TB -2TB HDD
Roland keyboards