hi Cooltouch

Originally Posted By: cooltouch

What's the problem now? Same as it's always been. There is so much break up and distortion during playback, it is totally unusable. Often it is so bad it affects the music's tempo -- severely retarding it. Sometimes, when it gets really bad, the program will crash. But this has happened only a few times. Sometimes, if the tune is MIDI only, this helps. Other times, it doesn't make a difference, but generally, the more RealTracks are resident, the worse the playback distortion is.

Just as a matter of interest do you get this problem with the 32 bit version or just the 64bit , or both.

Also are your audio bit rates set appropriately in the new version of BIAB.
I ask because you say you setup works well in other programs , but some software is more efficient at bit rate conversion than others Cakewalk for example uses floating point.

I don’t see any reason why the new version in 32 bit form should be much more resource hungry than 2017, and you audio seems ok in that.
Can you think of anything in the 2019 version that would use audio in a different way to 2017, and your other software, what about audio drivers, your not trying to use Was in the new one are you?
Or do you use the same say, Asio drivers in each version , if indeed you use Asio.
Are there any differences between your audio interface (if you use one) settings between the two versions.buffer size is a good gotcha!

My gut feeling is this seems like some sort of resource or bit rate mismatch but why that should only manifest itself with 2019 especially in the 32 bit version, is a mystery.

Don’t give up on it
Good luck
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 09/18/19 06:04 AM.

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/