Originally Posted By: edshaw
Just a couple of thoughts. Before the demo: You killed it. You gave Dad a place in the music he rarely receives in this present climate. The sincerity of the delivery and the lyrics were out of this world.
After the demo. Reba? Thoughtful of you, but no, the female listeners want to be told they can pilot jet fighters, not have kids. When the subject of children comes up, they'd rather talk about pain of childbirth or how little junior is going to be the next great voice. Very risky for a female to take the chance riling up the (you know what) base. In this day and age, it is the men who press for children and family; unless of course you are talking about the social butterflies, always up for another kid. This would be a great song for, say, someone in the George Strait organization. I know Bubba writes, but don't know that he performs. But that is the idea. That is the zip code. Dallas based might be more fruitful than Nashville based. New York or Los Angeles, forget it. That would not be a good career move for any talent based out of there. By the same token, your own demo was way better. Incidentally, God is still capitalized in Tennesee.
That song bleeds traditional values and exceptional masculinity, which could be the key to who you present it to and how you present it. Vince Gill? He would know. Buddy Green, rocker turned Christian artist? On that note, maybe you have a crossover on your hands -- Amy Grant, or, like I say, Buddy Green. Check out his songs on You Tube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73-6P09xaAE
Following my reasoning? If you are interested in discussing that aspect, please call.

Thanks for your thoughts, ed...