"It seems you should not have resource problems with that set up."

I know. It's quite disappointing. I'm fairly certain my issue is with Windows OS. First, at times if I'm playing the native Windows Solitaire Collection, the video graphics are not smooth but are very jerky and the screen momentarily freezes. This indicates to me, Windows is doing something in the background even though Solitaire is the only program "I" have open. The MS Solitaire Collection has multiple windows on it's main page and is connected to the internet and commercials and messages are constant. My OS is 99% at factory default settings and therein lies my problem for sure.

I saw a YouTube video a few weeks ago from a Home Recording YouTube Website I follow called CREATIVE SAUCE. He posted the steps to optimize Windows PC for Audio. I followed step by step, reset my OS as he instructed and it rendered my system completely unusable for sound and video. Windows got mad about it and simply pitched a temper tantrum!

So, I watched the video again and reset each setting back to it's default setting, ran CC Cleaner and rebooted and things returned to almost normal. This machine is full of little abnormalities that are more noticeable than aggravating. For example, on this machine, when posting as I am now, if I hit the Return <enter> to skip down a line and start a new paragraph, my curser drops to the beginning of the line without a space between paragraphs but when I strike a key, the curser skips down a space and places the letter???

There are many such small instances. I would take it somewhere and have it 'professionally' set up for Audio but I fear I would have the same issue I had when I followed the Creative Sauce modifications and have to undo again. After paying someone to create a headache for me wink

I see in your signature you use Cakewalk, Creative Sauce has adopted Cakewalk and posts a lot of tutorials and tips. He loves that particular software and lately prefers it over Studio One Professional.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.