Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
But, unlike Michael, I've also had these issues with the Edge Browser, YouTube, Facebook and Audacity playback.

In most cases I resolve the poor audio by rebooting my PC.

Charlie, this has got to be something with the OS. Is this the Dell in your sig? If so contact Dell and get the procedure for reinstalling Win 10. You could try whatever the Repair procedure is first I guess but if that doesn't do it then reinstall.

What really convinces me is your comment about problems with your cursor when writing text. Your system is hosed right now and who knows why. And the why doesn't matter anyway, just start over. And when you do that don't install anything before installing Biab. I always do that first thing with a new system. Get it tested and working fine first with your built in sound chip then install your interface and make sure that's OK. Then start installing other things and go back to Biab each time to confirm nothing's changed. Obviously for all of us the audio is the primary thing so I'm very anal about it when setting up a new system.

A new system doesn't have to be a new computer, I mean a fresh install of the OS including all the updates with zero 3rd party crap on it. Also no AV. With Win 10 Windows Defender is all you need.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 09/20/19 06:23 AM.

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.