Originally Posted By: Paul2open
Having trouble with installing the packs to an external drive. Anybody able to help with that? [img:left]https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3lmfgnxapj2bjc/Screenshot%202019-09-22%2012.23.20.png?dl=0[/img]
Good luck with that. My installation error says that the BIAB app must be installed on the external or that doesn’t work.

The only folders I have there are Real Tracks and Drums—I keep those folders empty on my System drive. This way, if any update installs files into those folders, I can copy those over to the external, then I erase the contents on my boot drive so I’ll know if a later update or add-on installs files there.

My workaround is to install onto my System drive. I then copy the contents of those two folders into the RT&D folders on my external as above.

If you have the USB drive, another way is to install the packs onto it, then copy the entire contents to your external drive. I have the Audiophile version. Copying the RT & Drums folders over to my external takes a few hours (over 1TB) from a USB3 hard drive. I like the other way better.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5