Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Wow! I did listen to both versions. Both were excellent. I can see why some will like your new version, and some will prefer the "Nashville" version. Both very well crafted. You have really learned how to milk it all out of BB. Well done! (By the way, once again, you and Janice shine on this one!)

I really appreciate your backstory. Exciting times, being around such a wealth of talent, and business savvy. Also shows how competitive and challenging that scene is/was. You really have to keep your center. I salute you for following your dreams, and for the success you have had.

And I really appreciate us having you on this forum. So many talented people on the forum,it is challenging (and probably dangerous) to acknowledge one over another, but you are among the ones who constantly raise the bar for all of us. And that makes all of us better for it.

Really love this song!

Steve

Steve - thanks for the very kind review and thoughts. I'm glad we've got you, as well... !!!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Wow, what a story, especially for those of us sitting at our little desktop studios. I often think about Emily Dickinson and how she wasn't published in her lifetime and could easily have gotten missed in the dustpiles of history. How many songwriters have experienced the same thing? Hopefully not many. Maybe this song would've been a hit if RM had heard it on a good day. I wonder.

TM - thanks for stopping in for a listen...