Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Immediately that voice pulls you in! What an unbelievably awesome ability to have available. One thing that I'm not sure I've mentioned; but I'm guessing others have, is Janice's ability to hit the lower notes and not drop out. I see/hear SO many female singers that go for the lower notes and their voice become non-existent. If the writing is good you may be able to figure out the word that should be there...but isn't. With Janice, as is with the best of singers, it's ALL there! You can't help but love that.

Also on the vocal side of things; but needing mention are the background vocals. Man, I know you are used to working together; but there's something different here for me. It feels a little less verb-y and more defined and tight. Not right or wrong; but I'm really liking it! It emphasis the emotions really well. Nice job on both singing and mix. I'm totally diggin' it!

The lyrics are on another level. From word choice for imagery, to alliteration and rhyme, there is SO much going on but in a way that doesn't sound even remotely forced. Everything fits as it should. It's pretty amazing to hear AND see something so well done that the complexity feels effortless. I will flat out say; I wish I had that level of skill.

The guitar, AGAIN, fits as it should. That may make it sound boring; but far from it. It's exactly what it should be. Not more, not less. I think that's called perfection! To me, it's an extension of what's going on in the vocal and lyric; but emotes the feelings with out the benefit of either. Really, really, really great!

Finally that mix. I could hear everything. That in itself is a task I would never even attempt. That's coming from someone who has attempted many times in school. I have nothing but total admiration for the gift of what is going on in this mix. It's part talent, part craft, 100% impressive. I can't imagine the time you spend on these mixes. They just sound so good to me. Great on monitors; but I really like listening with cans or buds. Wait a minute... Seriously, when listening that was I get a great sense of the space you design for your songs to sit in so well. It's immersive; and I like losing the world momentary to a song mixed like this. Thanks for creating that world for me to experience! It does NOT go unnoticed.

So much for my short replies. I just can't seem to pull that off.

Great job to all involved. The reward is in a fantastic song for you. I feel the best reward was getting to experience your talents as the listener. Thank you for that.

***All comments are from speech to text and not proofed. I'm getting better with being ok with that.

I'm lucky in many ways with Janice smile I've never used pitch correction, she typically nails it on one take and I don't use a vocal "rider" product. During our many bluegrass years she sang in the stratosphere as required by the genre. But I always felt she was a natural contralto and BiaB let us explore that territory. All meaning thanks for mentioning her low notes!

Regarding the harmony she and floyd have blended well since their first project six years ago. To a certain degree that either happens or it doesn't. Perfect harmony and phrasing does not always equal a great sound.

Thanks for mentioning the lyric. By and large it was an idea I had brought to fruition by floyd.

Peter has a knack for working with the vocal and other elements of a tune and it definitely shows here.

I hugely appreciate you mentioning the mix. They are always a struggle with my old ears and this one was no exception. The number of RT's I auditioned was, well, a large number smile And Neutron and my Waves CLA suite got a workout for sure.

All the above ramble means is thanks for the thoughtful, insightful and nice review!!!

Bud