Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Morning folks,

I bought the upgrade to Ozone 9 a couple of days ago and I've been exploring the new features. One of the new things they did was they added a vintage EQ, vintage Compressor, and vintage limiter to the master assistant function.

I've been using the master assistant function in Ozone 8 now for quite some time, I find it gets me very close to where I need to be in the final master.

So! I remastered my latest track using Ozone 9, once using the modern mode and then using vintage mode. I used the same settings for both (intensity low, destination streaming). Results are similar as far as levels go, peak at -1, LUFS at around -13.

I uploaded the master using the vintage modules to soundcloud, and the one using the modern modules to reverbnation if anyone is interested to comparing the two:

These Times mastered in modern mode

These Times mastered in vintage mode

EDIT: Actually difficult to do a good comparison between those two platforms I guess, I just had a listen; soundcloud really kills the levels. I'll leave them up there anyway in case anyone is interested.

I like the song. You are correct regarding the levels. For some time I’ve been using the Vintage EQ in Ozone 8 and have found it very useful particularly in the low end when trying to balance up in the Tonal Balance Control.

I’m still tossing up about upgrading. If I do I’ll upgrade the entire Music Production Suite bundle. With the Groove3 access for 12 months it works out cheaper than upgrading Ozone and what I presently pay for Groove3 access.

Thanks for the listen.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1