Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris,

Y'all knock ANOTHER one outta the park. This is so good!

Chris is writing very interesting blues-rock lyrics/storylines. Unique and original and never sounding "forced". And singing them so well. Dave, the vocal processing you are using fits so naturally into the mix. A gorgeous combination - the in front of the mic and behind the mic...

Your guitar work is extraordinary. Your fills and solos elevate an already stellar track to new heights. Tasty. Supportive. And Essential. The hard panned section - awesome rhythm tracks...

And once again, you drums and bass sound GREAT. I don't think I've ever even noticed the FunkHalfNoteSync drum track. Great choice.

This sounds like it came from a top studio.

fj

Wow, thanks, floyd!

The thing that first stuck me about Chris when we first started working together four years ago is that she has no preconceived notions on how blues lyrics should be written. She is not hung up on the old formula; sing a line, repeat the line, then resolve the line. Not that there is anything wrong with doing that, but I think her approach, also the way she sings, makes an old music style sound fresh. To my ears anyway!

I just stumbled across those drums by accident, they must have been part of a style I was auditioning. I think I ended up keeping the drums but swapped out all the other instruments.

And of course thanks for the comments on the guitar work and the production, means a lot! smile