Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Herb and Danny,

I had to get used to Danny's singing. It looked like there were two Danny's; One talking about the evil world we are living in and the other Danny singing something else, but also another tone.
But apart from the somewhat dark lyrics it does grab your attention and you stay listening to the song, at least it did to me. The melody and the instruments are very nice. Especially the sologuitar that was playing throughout the song. Very well done!
But I had the feeling the singing and the instruments were 'living their own lives' if you know what I mean. I had expected a more crunchy guitar and much louder drum. But maybe you did that on purpose...

Bye,
Hans

Thanks for the input and listening.

EDIT: I just reread this ..... yep.... I get what you're talking about now regarding the "2 Dannys". The tag line was really low. The other songs we did are up in his range. Back in the day, not only did he play the drums in the bands but in the last 2 he was a singer who handled most of the stage show and singing.

re: the lack of crunchy guitar.... it was actually in the original style but I opted to delete it and go with a more organic and acoustic sound for this song. Hold on.... there's 2 more coming as I get the chance to work on them.... I don't think you will be disappointed. There should be some crunchy stuff in there for you.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 10/15/19 09:41 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.