I have found using the “Vintage Master Assistant” Ozone 9 makes a subtle difference that is harder to achieve in Ozone 8. Looking at the output waveform it seems to have a slightly more compressed output but not enough for me to hear but it does seem to lift the song. It seems easier to tame the cymbals in the RealDrums (just my opinion).

I presently pay US$15 a month for Groove3 access (US$180 for 12 months.) I intend to keep up with the Groove3 for a while yet (there is so much training available there). Upgrading to Music Production Suite 3 costs US$200 and includes 12 months access to Groove3. Seems a good way to go. The Music Production Suite 3 also includes a couple of Reverbs (maybe I could learn to get more out of these.)

So I’d best bite the bullet so to speak. Sorry, I find it easier to state my thinking. Maybe others have a different opinion to share.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1